It turns out there's a science behind how top influencers operate. And this science may have far reaching implications for your digital marketing business.
Check out this great infographic I found at hubspot.com. It outlines some fascinating insights from Dr. Robert Cialdini's book:
Influence: The Science of Persuasion
Here are Dr. Cialdini's Top 6 Science Proven Strategies for Effectively Influencing Others:
1. Reciprocity: It's not what you give but how you give it.
2. Scarcity: The less there is more people seem to want it.
3. Authority: People are more likely to accept influence from credible and knowledgeable experts. You might want to re-hang all of your degrees, diplomas and certificates.
4. Consistency: Initiating small commitments is the foundation for initiating big commitments.
5. Liking: Shared passions and interests enable persuasion and cooperation.
6. Consensus: People are more likely to do something if you let them know most other's are doing it: